It seems like a lifetime ago and it was definitely several pounds it looks like.
I was lucky enough to marry the man of my dreams. No actually this time I was glad that the Lord stepped in and said "this is who you will marry" I wasn't doing to well in the "potential partner" department. The guys I was dating weren't exactly "eternal material" for lack of a better word. The last guy defiantly was not. And it was with him that I ran into Kirk on that fateful day back at the MCC institute in 1990. I'd known Kirk since High School, but there was no indication that I even thought of him that way. Then we he got back from his Mission in South Africa, we were re-introduced and still nothing. We even spent the better part of that summer in a large group of friends hanging out and having fun. At a dance in October Kirk and I spent almost the whole time together, cause I was avoiding someone who wanted to dance with me, and I wasn't interested and he wouldn't take a hint. He became my protector from silly boys. Then January rolled around and I was dating a guy that I knew in the back of my head of should have run screaming from a long time ago. I brought him to the institute cause he didn't want me to go alone *rolling eyes* Kirk had seen us walk in and came to taunt said boyfriend. Of course he wasn't very happy *sob sob*
I walked away to get a drink of water and it was almost like a lightning bolt hit me and I knew I would marry Kirk. I hadn't even been on a date with him at this point, but I knew it just the same. I drove said boyfriend to Phoenix to be with his brother or something and never saw him again. After I got home I think I told my mom what had happened. I have never been so sure about anything in my whole life. We started dating on Kirk's birthday, on my birthday he proposed, and of course you know the rest, and the Lord was right, and when is He not? 3 months later We were married in the Mesa Temple. In 120 degree weather, but why wait when you know it's right.
He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I kiddingly call him my Johnny Lingo. I love you Kirk with all my heart.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
18 years in the making
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment