
They can't stand on their own two feet! (Don't you love the sign in the back)
What ever happened to, "healthy as a horse", "strong as an ox" Do you have to be an equine to not have back problems? What is up? I know what's not up and that's me. Actually that's not the case anymore. I'm doing o.k. taking it day by day. I was doing absolutely nothing that would cause a back to seize up and cause excruciating pain. I was at work, and I haven't decided if that was good or not, but all of the sudden I wasn't being allowed to move. So a few of my co-workers and the Dr. I work for, helped me into our patients chairs and I lay there with ice packs until the pain became a little more bearable. Kirk came to pick me up.(pause) Kirk tried to come to pick me up. It was a long arguious journey. I managed to get wheeled out on my assistants chair. If I could've sat up straight, I would have waved goodbye. (Elbow, elbow, wrist wrist) Then a painful ride to the chiropractor, and then a more painful walk into the office and then a very quick but needed adjustment and more ice. Painful ride home, slow walk to Kirk's office and to the guest bed. Where I stayed. Flexarell and Lortab not helping. Kirk and the older kids head off to mutual. Blake being helpful, brings me some ice water to drink. Sat the glass on the bed for me and leaves to answer the phone. Glass spills, freezing cold water soaks me and the bed. I started screaming, some from pain, some from water. I hang up on the person on the phone. (I hope it wasn't anyone I know) Kirk gets home and my parents come to retrieve my baby car I had to leave at work. After they get back, it's time to move me to my permanent home upstairs in my bed. Stairs are a very very bad thing when you have a very very hurt back. Needless to say pain is more powerful than the will to move. So body shut down, literally. Dark tunnel closing in and then no more anything. Sometimes that's a good thing. I didn't feel hitting the floor. I can't even imagine how painful that would have been conscious. After 3 or so minutes, I hear my mom calling my name and then the tunnel slowly receded. I felt no pain, that was good, but now I couldn't make anything move, that was not so good. After about 5 minutes or so my brain reconnected to my muscles.
So now it's been a week and I'm walking around like a normal person again. Yee haw. Thanks to several adjustments and ice and Advil. I'll let you know if I start seeing double Dad. I finally found my old back brace from the last time this happened so I'm going to try going back to work. The best thing about this all happening is that I got a 4 day Mother's Day essentially with everyone having to wait on me hand a foot. (when they were around! Stinkin' scout camp outs). Plus I got though 2 more books that just came out. I'm ready for a book discussion!!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
The trouble w/ today's generation is......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They should have broght you here and we couls lay around and talk our lifes away. I'm doing the same thing, trying to recover...
Take it easy.
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better, sister. You take it easy okay.
I'm glad you are doing better. Back pain is awful! You can always call me to help if you're that miserable! ~Pam
Post a Comment