Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mother Nature Stikes Again

If you ever wondered how to strike up that dreaded "Sex" talk? Buy a dog and forget to fix it and nature will take it's course and questions ensue. Our recently required puppy Peach is big time in heat. She still looks so little and small I forgot how old she is and that we should've had her fixed by now. Anyhoo, luckily the other two males, Yoshi and Toad, have been so we are good there, but the fixing doesn't necessarily stop the desire, if you know what I mean. And being that our dogs are still quite young, they're not really sure what they are doing. So lately the common phrase at our house is " No! Toad or Yoshi! No head humping!' Sorry if I offend :) This afternoon Peach and Toad got stuck.
I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Landen and Blake however have never experienced this phenomenon. So Landen and Blake come running in from outside saying they can't get the dogs apart and why why why why are they stuck? So because Peach wasn't so thrilled with Toad in tow I had to unstick them. And it wasn't easy mind you. Landen is a little more educated so he knows why they got stuck, but then askes the question that prompted me to write this post. "Does that happen to humans too?" *with a very concerned look on his face* My answer: Yeah, that's why grandma is here so often.

I should be shot I know, but I couldn't help it.
Just Kidden calm down, I gave him the proper answer after we laughed for a while, but what fun is that.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is too funny!!

Pam said...

Now that is a funny story.....

Don't traumatize your son by telling him Kirk likes to get stuck as often as he can.... :)

Susette 10e said...

Whoo hoo, I'm so glad someone got it. My mom called wondering if it was a dig at her being over here too much. And I'm like....mom! Read it again.