Wow, it's almost been a month since I've blogged. Unheard of. Anyway my life has not been my own this month and I kinda knew that when I signed on for Woodbadge. I had a wonderful time and made friendships that I will cherish for years and years. (You want to be treated like a queen? Go to Woodbadge) There are 10 men to every one woman. They were all so sweet making sure I wasn't cold, or had enough food, or did I need help across that little gorge, or here, let me carry that chair for you. I have good news, Chivalry isn't dead yet.
Here are my Foxy people again. Posing for the Gilwell Gazette. We had such a good time. I might do it again......NOT.
In between my being gone for 2 weeks essentially this month, when I went back to work it was absolutely insane. It was nice to find out that my Dr. requested that I not be gone unless he is too. What a guy. Yesterday we dressed up for Halloween cause most of the staff doesn't work on Friday so here is Dr. Smithson as Elvis. Teri is my office manager and she is a Turtle princess.
The family life got a little crazy as well. Kirk not only had to play Mom and Dad, but had two parent teacher conferences, had to write a talk for last Sunday, and give the spiritual message in bishopric and also had to plan and conduct a youth fireside at our house the same Sunday. Needless to say he was glad to have me home so he could pawn off a few of the responsibilities.
Kylie, whilst I was away, managed to go through 3 "boyfriends" All of which were very nice and quite cute. I'm glad she's playing the field though and having a good time. This is the time to figure out the qualities and characteristics that you want in a future spouse, and if your tied to just one guy that whole time, how are you to know what else is out there. Besides I think she's realized that it's not productive when you can't date. Her last friend was sixteen and even though he would've waited till she was, still it's too early. I don't think I'll have to worry about her finding a date when she does turn sixteen in Feb. I'll have to beat them away with a stick, and Kirk will have to start cleaning his shotgun, regularly. Hee Hee.
When I got back, Tuesday night we decided to take the kids and Kylies friends Cassie and Aaron, and Blake's friend Max to the Corn Maze on Power Rd. It was alot of fun. They have a huge pumpkin patch and fun things to do for little kids. The maze if you looked at it from an areal view, is laid out to be the Statue of Liberty this year. Every year it's a different thing. In the maze you look for check points to punch a card that you came in with and when you find all six then you enter the card into a drawing. Kirk and I won. We got through the maze and found all the points before the kids did. I don't know how long it will be up. I think I heard till the end of this week, so hurry if you want to check it out.
The boys are both boyish as ever. Their Aunt Christi has been tutoring them after school twice a week and doing well at it. They still would rather be out with their friends at the park since the weather has been cooling off in the late afternoon, but I'm more for good grades right now.
1 comment:
Well, finally a post on this blog... Sounds like the Tenny's are having a lot of fun...
good to hear news..
hugs
Post a Comment