Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meu amiga está afastando-se



Translation, my friend is moving away :( (in Portuguese)

Today was our last luncheon for a while for the 4 of us. HoneyLyn, Carmen, Me and Pam. Ya know I can't even remember what brought us all together, but we have always had a blast together ever since. Maybe it was that uneventful Elder's quarm party many moons ago it's hard to say.

We have enjoyed so many nights and afternoons out, not to mention camping trips and family swims. We are really going to miss Carmen and her family.

For me, Jim and Carmen are like family. Jim's Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Dean are my parents bestest friends. They have been close friends since before I was born, and that's a mighty long time. So when I was little we always did stuff with the Eatons and I grew up thinking they WERE my Aunt and Uncle. So all of their family is my family too.

When we moved into our Ward 5 years ago, Carmen and Jim moved in a couple months later and I was so excited. To have someone there that I knew. Here I was thinking I would know lots of people having lived in Arizona all my life, I thought moving back after 10 years I'd see a few old friends, but noooooo. Carmen knows EVERYBODY. And the girl grew up in Brazil. Go figure and that my friends, is no exaggeration. If she doesn't know you yet, give her a second.

She mentioned today that she's a little nervous about moving to a place where she doesn't know anyone, I looked at her with a raised eyebrow (or it would have been if I could actually pull that feat off) I told her in 2 weeks time you will know all who live in McKinney and most of the Dallas metro area.

More than anything I will miss her scriptural knowledge. We have had some amazing discussions and I hope we can still have those, I mean it's not like she won't have phone service there, but it's not the same. *whimper*

I just want to to mention a couple of things:

"That game is of the devil"

"Where the heck is Young, AZ"

"I'm going to scratch my mother-in-laws eyeballs out"

"Jim! your going too fast"

" I think I'll wait till we find a real restroom, never mind a port-a-potty will work in an emergency"

"Brigham, has anyone seen Brigham"

"Whose cell phone is ringing during a funeral? Oh, great it's my mother-in-law"

"Are you up for a game of Settlers?"


Carmen I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. Thanks for all the fun we've had and I know there will be lots more stories to come, cause we're all family right?

8 comments:

Pam said...

LOL at all those funny Carmen sayings. I am still in denial that they are actually leaving (boo hoo!). It is true that everyone knows Carmen. She is unforgettable. At least I know I can email her at 3:00 a.m. and she'll respond from Texas!

Susette 10e said...

Well, lets put it this way, I haven't mentioned anyone I know to her that she doesn't. Did that make sence? She just has total recall of everything. Technically she's a man's worst nightmare, she doesn't forget a thing.(you know I love ya Carmen) When I can't remember someone's name I just call her and she knows exactly who I'm talking about. Her brain is a sponge or maybe a vacuum cause once it goes in it doesn't come out, mine is like a sive. It's there for a second and then it's gone. Hee hee

annelise said...

if you and Kirk really wnat to have a ferwell party, we can go to Young, this weekend... What do you think?
We may never get out of there thi time...

Libbie said...

I live in Plano-next to McKinney and have a brother and his wife who live in McKinney. Let me know if you need anything. Libbie Hayes (Kirks ex-cousin in law ;))
(libmom3@yahoo.com)

Susette 10e said...

Libbie, you will never be an ex.
No matter what.

Rogers Family said...

Sister Mother, I hope you don't mind me butting into your blog but -well you know me I always but into your business, that's what little sister's are for right ;) I was so touched by your affectionate tribute to Carmen and I know that she means a lot to you. So I will share a thought that a friend shared with me when I moved far away from her. Don't worry about saying good-bye because in this gospel, it's... too be continuted.
Good Luck to you Jim and Carmen, God's Blessings on you and your family. -Stacy-Susette's little sister, but you knew that already.

annelise said...

We have a Tenney family in our ward. Can you believe? We can never be to far from this people? Jim wanted to invite them for a game of settlers, but I can't remember what they look like.
miss you all....
hugs

Susette 10e said...

We are everywhere Bwwwwaaahhah!:D